Architects looking to introduce programming into their project to create a more efficient workflow.
- Participants will be able to run a script using Python and Rhino software.
- Participants will be able to use variables and data types using Python software.
- Participants will be able to ask for geometry and create Lists in Python software.
- Participants will be able to set up loops and create a Panelling Grid using Python software.
- 01 | Introducing Python for Rhino
- 02 | Running a Script
- 01 | Storing Numbers
- 02 | Booleans
- 03 | Strings
- 04 | Random Numbers
- 01 | Importing Rhino Commands
- 02 | Asking for Geometry
- 01 | Tuples
- 02 | Lists
- 03 | Predefined Lists
- 04 | Dictionaries
- 01 | For Loop
- 02 | While Loop
- 03 | For Each Loop
- 01 | Construct a simple panel
- 02 | The Rhino Geometry Library
- 03 | Row of Panels
- 04 | Panel Grid
- 05 | Varying the Panel Height
- 06 | Speeding up the process
- 07 | Varying the Panel Scale
Skills and Careers
Digital Optimization and Performance
These are some great careers that this course will prepare you for:
3D Modeller, 3d Parametric Design And Visualisation Specialist, Architect, Architectural And Urban Design Specialist, Architectural Assistant, Architectural visualiser, Computational Designer, Design Technology Leader/ BIM Manager, Design Technology Manager (Architecture Design Firms), Design Technology Specialist, Digital Design Engineer, Technologist
Increase your expertise and become a successful professional, check our courses:
Meet the Author
Online Learning for Architecture, Construction and Engineering Firms
What our Members are Saying
If you want to get ideas out of your brain and into 3D design, or even to 3D printing like me, this is the place to go.
I really enjoyed the videos, they are so clear and easy to understand. So amazing to see what can be done with Rhino!
We are excited to roll out this world-class training platform to our Australian and overseas offices.
This learning platform is world class. Our first and second-year students are now producing work previously only reserved for Masters-level students.
Ready to Learn from the Best?
Get started with an ArchiStar membership. It includes our world-class online courses, time-saving software applications and member discounts on the software you use every day.
See Plans and Pricing