Revit MEP for Engineers: Electrical
Engineers, designers and contractors across the MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) disciplines that want to model to at a high level of detail in Revit.
- Participants will learn the Revit interface basics
- Participants will learn how-to setup a Revit project using templates, levels and floor plans.
- Participants will learn how to link a Revit model.
- Participants will learn how to add spaces and rooms to a linked Revit model.
- Participants will learn how to add receptacles and panels to a room, create spaces and circuits.
- Participants will learn how to add lighting fixtures, switches and create lighting circuits.
- 01 | Introduction
- 02 | Starting a Project
- 03 | Revit Interface
- 04 | Linking external Models
- 05 | Copying Levels and Creating Floor Plans
- 06 | Reflected Ceiling Plans
- 07 | Visibility Graphic Overrides
- 08 | Adding and Editing Spaces
- 09 | Scheduling
- 01 | Introduction to Revit Electrical
- 02 | Adding Panels
- 03 | Adding Receptacles and Switches
- 04 | Adding Lighting Fixtures
- 05 | Creating Power Circuits
- 06 | Creating Lighting Circuits
- 07 | Creating Switch Circuits
- 08 | Wiring Plans
- 09 | Modelling Conduit
- 10 | Cable Trays
- 11 | Tagging Elements
Skills and Careers
Building System Analysis
These are some great careers that this course will prepare you for:
Autodesk Revit Structure and MEP Technical Specialist, BIM Consultant, BIM Coordinator, Building Information Model Implementer (BIM), Design Technology Leader/ BIM Manager, Revit Architect & Technician, Revit BIM Model Manager, Revit Project Coordinator, Revit Technician
Increase your expertise and become a successful professional, check our courses:
Meet the Author
Online Learning for Architecture, Construction and Engineering Firms
What our Members are Saying
This learning platform is world class. Our first and second-year students are now producing work previously only reserved for Masters-level students.
If you want to get ideas out of your brain and into 3D design, or even to 3D printing like me, this is the place to go.
I really enjoyed the videos, they are so clear and easy to understand. So amazing to see what can be done with Rhino!
We are excited to roll out this world-class training platform to our Australian and overseas offices.
Ready to Learn from the Best?
Get started with an ArchiStar membership. It includes our world-class online courses, time-saving software applications and member discounts on the software you use every day.
See Plans and Pricing