Designers looking to master advanced BIM techniques.
- Participants will be able to model complex 3D architectural designs such as faceted Curtain Walls and Curved Brick Facades using Revit software.
- Participants will be able to swiftly transfer modelled elements between the Rhino and Revit software’s to create more complex 3D architectural designs.
- Participants will be able to add constraints and rules into their project to design intelligent 3D architectural designs using Revit software.
- Participants will be able to create and apply custom architectural templates for use across multiple projects to display and document 3D architectural designs using Revit software.
- 01 | Project Intro
- 02 | Building Setout
- 03 | Exporting to Rhino
- 04 | Faceted Curtain Wall
- 05 | Curved Brick Facade
- 06 | Adding Thicknesses
- 07 | Exporting as SAT
- 08 | Import to Revit
- 09 | Conversion to Revit Elements
- 10 | Cleanup Floor Plates
- 11 | Adding Windows
- 12 | Drawing Representations
- 01 | Dimensions Constraints
- 02 | Alignment Constraints
- 03 | Window Constraints
- 04 | Equality Constraints
- 05 | Referencing Lower Levels
- 06 | Setting up Flexible Levels
- 07 | Flexing Levels
- 01 | Extrusion Form
- 02 | Modify Sub Elements
- 03 | Void Forms
- 04 | Lofts
- 05 | Project Integration
- 01 | New Template File
- 02 | Loading System Families
- 03 | Loading other Families
- 04 | Title Blocks
- 05 | Title Blocks - Text vs Labels
- 06 | Title Blocks - Revision Tables
- 07 | Loading your Titleblock
- 08 | Switching Templates
- 09 | Setting up Grids
- 10 | Linking Grids to a Scope Box
- 11 | Linking Levels and Crop Views to a Scope Box
- 12 | Putting Elevations within the Scope Box
- 13 | Project Browser and View Templates
- 14 | Setting up View Templates
- 15 | Creating New View Templates
- 16 | Setting up New Floor Plan Types
- 17 | Update View Names
- 18 | Change Project Display Modes
- 19 | Prelink Consultant Files
- 20 | Replace Consultant Placeholder Files
- 21 | Aligning Drawings on Sheets
- 22 | Saving your Template File
- 01 | Creating Groups
- 02 | Arranging Groups
- 03 | Copying and Modifying the Design
- 04 | Adding Variation
- 05 | Excluding Common Walls
- 06 | Converting Groups to Links
- 07 | Editing Linked Files
- 08 | Creating Upper Levels
Skills and Careers
These are some great careers that this course will prepare you for:
3D Modeller, Architect, Architectural Assistant, Architectural Documenter, BIM Consultant, BIM Coordinator, Building Information Model Implementer (BIM), Chief Technology Officer, Computational Designer, Design Technology Leader/ BIM Manager, Design Technology Manager (Architecture Design Firms), Design Technology Specialist, Drafter, Modeller, Revit Architect & Technician, Revit BIM Model Manager, Revit Project Coordinator, Revit Technician, Senior Designer
Increase your expertise and become a successful professional, check our courses:
Meet the Author
Online Learning for Architecture, Construction and Engineering Firms
What our Members are Saying
This learning platform is world class. Our first and second-year students are now producing work previously only reserved for Masters-level students.
If you want to get ideas out of your brain and into 3D design, or even to 3D printing like me, this is the place to go.
I really enjoyed the videos, they are so clear and easy to understand. So amazing to see what can be done with Rhino!
We are excited to roll out this world-class training platform to our Australian and overseas offices.
Ready to Learn from the Best?
Get started with an ArchiStar membership. It includes our world-class online courses, time-saving software applications and member discounts on the software you use every day.
See Plans and Pricing