Advanced VR in Unreal Engine 4
Designers looking to learn advanced VR techniques using Unreal Engine.
- 01 | Installation and Launcher
- 02 | Creating a Project
- 03 | User Interface
- 04 | Customising your UI
- 05 | Navigation
- 06 | Basic object manipulation (Move, Rotate and Scale)
- 07 | Camera controls and viewport modes
- 08 | Saving your project, content and levels
- 09 | Content Browser
- 10 | Importing files
- 11 | Building your scene
- 12 | Collision setup
- 13 | Conclusion
- 01 | Introduction
- 02 | Migrating content
- 03 | Creating levels
- 04 | Basic lighting (or, why is everything black)
- 05 | Lets play!
- 06 | Creating basic materials (textures)
- 07 | Creating advanced materials
- 08 | Advanced UV techniques in materials
- 09 | Creating instanced materials
- 10 | Improving materials
- 11 | Reflection captures
- 12 | Props, please!
- 13 | Static lighting setup/Light baking
- 14 | Light bakes using skylights
- 15 | IES profiles for lighting
- 16 | Lighting methods and settings
- 17 | Dynamic lighting
- 18 | Packaging
- 19 | Post Processing
- 20 | Conclusion
- 01 | Introduction
- 02 | Creating a blueprint prefab
- 03 | Variables in blueprint
- 04 | Creating a light that turns on and off
- 05 | Creating a door that opens
- 06 | Creating a door that opens smoothly
- 07 | Using volumes in blueprints
- 08 | Project setup for VR
- 09 | Migrate content and set up levels in VR
- 10 | Nav-mesh setup for teleportation
- 11 | Modifying our blueprints for VR
- 12 | Adding interactive VR physics objects
- 13 | Final preparations
- 14 | Packaging your project to run in VR & conclusion
Skills and Careers
2D and 3D animation
Entertainment and Play
Exterior and Interior Lighting
These are some great careers that this course will prepare you for:
2D/3D Animator, 3d Parametric Design And Visualisation Specialist, Animation Professional, Architectural visualiser, Game Design, Gaming Environment Developer, Motion graphics designer, Product visualiser, Visual effects artist
Increase your expertise and become a successful professional, check our courses:
Meet the Author
Online Learning for Architecture, Construction and Engineering Firms
What our Members are Saying
We are excited to roll out this world-class training platform to our Australian and overseas offices.
This learning platform is world class. Our first and second-year students are now producing work previously only reserved for Masters-level students.
If you want to get ideas out of your brain and into 3D design, or even to 3D printing like me, this is the place to go.
I really enjoyed the videos, they are so clear and easy to understand. So amazing to see what can be done with Rhino!
Ready to Learn from the Best?
Get started with an ArchiStar membership. It includes our world-class online courses, time-saving software applications and member discounts on the software you use every day.
See Plans and Pricing