What is Fusion 360 And How Can It Help Architects
As you well know, architectural design software can be a severe drain on your resources.
There’s the upfront costs, the subscription costs, the installs, upgrades, hardware, troubleshooting, PDM, training, etc.
That’s why Fusion 360 was developed.
Fusion 360 is a 3D CAE, CAM, and CAD platform that connects your entire product development process in a single cloud-based platform for a low monthly price.
When it was initially launched a few years ago, there was a raft of problems with installation, usability and cloud access.
However, since then Autodesk has been actively fixing bugs, so now the software works just like it says on the tin.
The constant improvements means that more and more architects are warming to the software and it is quickly becoming an economical choice for small and medium sized firms.
What are the benefits of Fusion 360?
Fusion 360 allows designers to import 2D sketches or reference material, and then to develop a design using T-Spline modeling strategies. It is particularly useful for detailed design features like doorknobs or window latches.
It can also be a great tool for idea generation because the direct modeling mode gives you freedom to quickly place and edit components without the structural overhead that parametric modeling has.
Some of the many other benefits include:
- It’s secure. You have control over who you share the information with. No worries on anyone else seeing your work.
- Cloud based platform. Connects your entire product development process in a single online platform that works on both Mac and PC.
- Fusion 360 has integrated simulation. Your drawings and designs look cleaner and sharper than any others. This gives your clients a very realistic view of the project and design.
- Fusion 360 allows you to test the strength of your design. You’ll always know if your design will pass the real-world stress test.
- Fusion 360 allows for collaboration. No matter where your client is located or where your team is based, everyone will have access to the designs and drawings. This makes meeting coordination much easier and a lot more cost effective.
Even better, not only does it include the standard CAD features, such as solid, free-form, and parametric modeling, Fusion 360 also allows seamless cross-platform usage. You’ll be able to collaborate effectively with colleagues on the other side of town, the country, or the world…all while even running different operating systems.
Try a 7-day trial of our Fusion 360 training today
You can learn all about this cloud-based software and more architectural and design courses by taking a FREE Account of the ArchiStar Academy e-learning subscription. Get started right now, simply by clicking here: https://academy.archistar.ai
If you would like to share your thoughts on our blog, we’d love to hear from you!
Get in touch with the ArchiStar Academy community via Facebook.
Posted on 19 Sep 2019