How to Create Code Compliant Stairs in Revit
Learn how to design a staircase to conform to a building code using Revit!
- Obtain the required regulations for staircases in your local area.
- Select the Stair function. Choose which Type you wish to use.
- Select the Default staircase type. Edit the Type using the Properties panel.
- Duplicate the Type. Rename it.
- Enter Maximum Riser Height and Minimum Tread Depth as per the compliance rules.
- Click Edit Calculation Rules.
- Tick Use Stair Calculator. Update Rise, Depth and Target Slope
- Update Minimum / Maximum Slope Results as per compliance rules.
- Choose Desired Number of Steps. Review the Actual Riser Height to make sure it complies.
- Open up the Base Floor Plan. Start the Stair Run and place half the steps or the maximum allowed in a run.
- Create a landing by starting the next run. Finish placing the remaining steps.
- Select the green tick to finish the stair. Revit will automatically create railings.
Step 1 Required Regulations - NCC Code
Step 2 Stair Function and Type
Step 3 Choose the Default Staircase Type and Edit it
Step 4 Duplicate and Rename the Stair
Step 5 Maximum Riser Height and Minimum Tread Depth
Step 6 Edit Calculation Rules
Step 7 Stair Calculator
Step 8 Update Minimum / Maximum Slope
Step 9 Number of Steps and Actual Riser Height
Step 10 Start the stair Run
Step 11 Create a landing
If you would like to share your thoughts on our blog, we’d love to hear from you!
Get in touch with the ArchiStar Academy community via Facebook.
Posted on 28 Mar 2019